What is new in 2018 FRS Updates ?
- Date: 22 June 2018
- Time: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Venue: Sheraton Towers Hotel
Dear Finance Professional,
This programme is designed specifically for accountants and auditors who need to be aware of the recent changes and updates in the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards.
What you’ll learn
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have a practical knowledge of the recent changes and updates in the Singapore FRSs
- Be more confident in applying the changes and updates in your Financial Reporting
FRS Effective for Financial Periods Beginning On or After 1 January 2017
- Amendments to FRS 7: Disclosure Initiative
- Amendments to FRS 12: Recognition of Deferred Tax Assets for Unrealised Losses
FRS Effective for Financial Periods Beginning On or After 1 January 2018
- New FRS 115: Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- New FRS 109: Financial Instruments
- Amendments to FRS 104: Applying FRS 109 Financial Instruments with FRS 104 Insurance Contracts
- Amendments to FRS 102: Classification and Measurement of Share Based Payment Transactions
- Improvements to FRSs
- Amendments to FRS 40: Transfers of Investment Property
- New INT FRS 122: Foreign Currency Transactions and Advance Consideration
FRS Effective for Financial Periods Beginning On or After 1 January 2019
- New FRS 116: Leases
- New INT FRS 123: Uncertainty over Income Tax Treatments
- Amendments to FRS 109: Prepayment Features with Negative Compensation
- Amendments to FRS 28: Long-term Interests in Associates and Joint Ventures
This workshop qualifies for 7 CPE hours in Financial Reporting Standards and Pronouncements (Category 1).
Sardool is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting of the NUS Business School. He has been lecturing for the past 20 years, and is a highly sought-after seminar leader in the areas of Financial Reporting Standards, Cash Flow Statements, Analysis of Financial Statements, Consolidation and other technical accounting topics. Sardool brings a commercial perspective to the understanding of complex Accounting Standards and simplifies the requirements of these Standards to enable the participants to have a clear understanding of the topic. Sardool is also the Chief Financial Officer of an investment company. Prior to his current appointment, he was the Group Financial Controller of a Singapore listed healthcare company. During his ten years in the healthcare industry, he was responsible for the entire Group financial functions and the IPOs of two subsidiaries on SESDAQ. He had also gained his working experience with KPMG Peat Marwick and a Japanese merchant bank.
For further assistance , pls contact us @ email email@example.com